Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chetan Bhagat

Chetan Bhagat impresses me with his style of story telling which is intelligent, simple and expressive. At times I find him boring too. I guess his popularity is amongst the teenagers who are immatured and are yet to see the ups and downs of life. After a certain point I begin to loose interest in his narrative as it becomes clichéd and predictable.
His book “Two States” is about a love story between two IIM graduates who are from two very different states of India and get married ultimately overcoming a lot of difficulties. I was taken aback reading the last chapter when Bhagat mentions of the sudden delivery of the twin baby by the protagonist’s wife! In this era of IIMs are doctors so naïve and ignorant as to have not detected two babies developing inside the mother’s womb???? The book was way too filmy for me …Bhagat should seriously move over to some serious scripts to gain popularity with the classes.

No comments: